six chord OS.

Common questions and discussion about what to buy, how much to pay, and where to get it.

six chord OS.

Postby pushcart » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:10 pm

My wife and I play old time music in C and G in our living room. I saw an OS harp on Ebay that looked like it would work well for us, given our limited musicianship. The small size was appealing, too.

The ad listing did not have a model number, but I'm guessing from the Kenny Rogers songbook included that it might be from the 70s or 80s. The finish was a transparent red stain.

Has anyone seen this model or know of other modern six chord harps?

Thanks,

John
pushcart

Postby Bob Lewis » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am

If you would provide the item#, it would be easier to provide a useful response. I will guess you refer to an OS6 Easy Chord, which is a toy and too small to play seriously. The strings are also too short to be accurately tuned. It is little more than a way for a small child to feel included.
Bob Lewis
Site Admin

Postby pushcart » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks Bob,

The ad didn't give a model number, but your description of the OS6 fits.
I didn't buy it, and I appreciate your response. I read your buying tips and I am leaning toward an OS73 as a starter instrument.

Best regards,

John
pushcart

Postby heyhank » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 am

The OS73 can be much more than just a starter instrument. I have single key diatonic in in the key of A that Bob did for me sometime ago. It rivals the luthier instruments I own in sound and playability
Hank
heyhank

Return to Buying an Autoharp